Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Sneaky Peeky

Amid this dark time of no internet service, I have made a discovery (Nice that it's two weeks late!).
There is a happy corner in my living room that receives a strong wireless signal (from my neighbor next door). And now I can put it to good use.... Blogging!
So first, things of late that I am quite fond of.
Item Uno: Check out this brilliantly designed mug. The radiator-style fins stay cool to the touch while holding hot.... whatever. So awesome, yes? A little spacey and mod, like something from Star Wars (specifically Leia's ship- so cool inside).

Next... I can't remember where I heard this, but I have heard that the Barefoot Contessa coconut cupcake mix is to die for. And they should be, because this little box has been at least $10, sometimes more, where I have seen it for sale. Plus, it only makes 10 or 12. I also heard that they are something the adults indulge in and not to waste on the kiddies.... so I bought one and tried it out.
Me, oh my. The buzz was right and they are soooooo good. To avoid this new addiction (and expensive habit), I did some research and learned that this recipe is in her cook book... which I already bought and it's on it way to my house. So have no fear. I will bake, taste, compare and post my review. And don't hate me once you have had this heaven touch your lips because life will be forever changed.

Finally, you've gotta love Crate & Barrel. I love cupcakes (and now coco ones) but I must admit, I have never stood in my kitchen after baking two dozen beauties with my Donna Reed apron, touched my chin and said, "Why, how ever will I get these delicious cupcakes to little Jonny's party?" Well, here is your answer. And I am a sucker like the rest and bought one. Look, even the image had coconut cupcakes sitting happily inside! I couldn't say no!

Next... Spring Fashion wants and wonders.... like... I wonder what they were thinking!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Fun stuff! I'll be waiting on your coconut cupcake review. Those sound yummy!

Mark said...

Ahem. Hello Andrea, this is Rich and Julia's friend Mark. I know you'd remember me if you saw me, but whatever. I know that I've never really commented on here but I'm putting a stop to that right now!

I may be THE biggest Barefoot Contessa (a.k.a. Ina Garten) fan EVER!! I could go on and on (save that for another day) about her and her recipes, books, website, show, etc. I will spare you.

I just had to say thank you for making those cupcakes and buying her book. I've been trying to convert people for years but can't seem to help people understand (maybe it's because I'm so excited about her that I come across as a stalker; i.e. read post above..again).

You won't be disappointed about the cookbook...except for maybe what all of that butter and cream will do to you. Let's just say, I'm glad you are active. ;) Sorry so long.

anna said...

yes, i def need a new cupcake habit!! thank you. oh, and you can get cupcake carriers at target, too.
do tell what other recipes of miss Ina you find delightful and delectible in that book!