Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Smart Yer Kiddies

Good, tolerable kids material is sometimes hard to find.
And it's even harder to find something educational, entertaining, COOL to look at and FUN to listen to.
They Might Be Giants released their "Here Come The ABC's" a while back and we have worn through three copies. By the by, I now know more about conifer trees and "QU". Go Mom.
But now they have released "Here Come The 123's"! It's super nifty and does not disappoint. The songs are groovy and the edgy animation and videos are so creative. I mean, there is even a song in there about 'High Five' that sings 'Down low, too slow' and 'Keep it cool, old school'. Are you kidding? You must own that!
These are certainly something I get caught watching with the kiddies (and maybe listening to in my car.... without the kids). Go grab ye one, maties!

2 comments:

Jewels said...

"Zero, zero! Zero means so much..." that is one of Cache's faves on that album. Love TMBG! And as we talked about today, the artwork is so cool, I love it. And yes, I may or may not want to listen to it without my kiddies around - so catchy! PS - as always, you are hilarious.

Tayva said...

okay, so am I always the last one to the party? (Maybe I am!) I want both of these. I want the number one and I need to review my ABC's, too. So where do I go to get one?---er, both of them? Please inform before I fall so far behind I forget what it is I'm asking for. . .