Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Ramona

In December, Scott told me that he had arranged for us to 'go away' for a few days in January. Because we needed to use some time share credit, he chose Ramona, CA. It was a quiet place with not much to do, but I didn't mind so much because sometimes I need to be forced to hold still. On the way out we crashed with our great St. Louis buds, the Hills. So fun to see you guys! While in CA we managed to eat fresh fish taco's on the beach watching the ocean, hit the Rainbow sandal factory (Scott scored on the last of his now-discontinued fave's), Hang all Sunday with the Allens (thanks again for the yummy food, Natalie!), frequent the huge hot tub at night and explore the area around our place.
When we first arrived, I was looking out the window at the interesting random rock terrain. It reminded me of the rock dude from Galaxy Quest. So it became a funny inside joke anytime we'd be in car and looking at the mountain, one of us would say "Rock...rock....rock..." But it's true! I mean, I know it's not Goblin Valley, but if you've seen the movie I'm not too crazy.
We also did some trail running around the place. It was so cool to run under enormous, old trees... and nice to not have to go super early in the morning for once.
On our last day we decided to go get massages. Oh yes. The perfect yin-yang of relaxation. They are wonderful and torturous at the same time, yes? Because it's like a relationship in hyper-speed. I shake "John"s hand and next thing I know, I am lying face down under a short, thin sheet. I have 'thrown myself out there', naked and vulnerable (literally!). Do I really know this guy? Does he really care about me or is he just in this for the money? And these people try to make you feel all comfortable with their flutey cultural music and low lighting, but it's all for nothing. So on goes the oil and off we go. What am I thinking about, you ask? of sandy beaches? of floating in water at sunrise? Have I escaped into a fantasy where Antonio the flute man is playing a song for me?
No. I am wondering if 'John' is noticing that I haven't shaved my legs or thinks it's funny that my hands are cold. And there it goes- the sheet is now off of half of my body and I just breathe..... just relax....it's cool... this is normal.... I am a mature adult.... no weirdness here.....
Seriously. It feels great to get rubbed down, but I think the ideal way to do it is to see the same person on a regular basis so they know where all your weird moles are and I can think about Antonio. Unless of course 'John' was some tan Swede...
All in all it was a nice relaxing weekend with a delicious blue-eyed, tall, dark and handsome.
(Scott, not John. Please!)

2 comments:

Jewels said...

You are so funny, that place sounds awesome. Glad you were able to relax...now I'm off to practice my 'Whatasanyer...steal you away!"

Mark said...

Hahahaha! Great stuff!