Monday, December 31, 2007

Happy 2008

We are back in Vegas. It's nice to be home. We have been in Utah and had a great time hanging out with my family. I feel bad at how much we overtake my parents house. We are used to our kids running around but they are not. Sorry for the chaos, parents! And the mess, and the fighting, and the crying, and the torturing endured by kitty blackness, the spills, the snow tromped into the house, etc. Ahhhh memories...
As I drove home yesterday I was doing a mental inventory of this past year. We have had a fun year of growth. Elliet starting Kindergarten, the twins first preschool, first trip to Disneyland, fun trips with friends... it has been wonderful. I can't help but be grateful for the blessings exhibited in our lives. My Mom's health improving (we ate waaaay too much this past week and I loved having an accomplice), spending time with her and working to feed everyone this week with her.... I love my Mom and was glad to spend one last Christmas at home with everyone there. Also, my sister-in-law Jessica has had some health issues since the birth of their new baby Graham. This should be a special time for new mothers to have at home with their first baby and her health has been so bad that she hasn't been able to do much for him, let alone herself. We have been praying and fasting for her and even though there are still many questions, she is very slowly improving. Enough so that she could leave the house this week and do all that the holidays demand visiting two families. She was such a good sport and would come to the house almost every night to be with us. That speaks volumes about her willingness to be with us this week. It was such an example to me about how our actions illustrate our devotion. She probably doesn't think there was much to her suffering through, but I saw her and Marty make tremendous effort in doing things together with us and I love them for that. I want to take that with me into this year (starting tomorrow!). I hope I can be a better Mother to my kids and make good choices in how we spend our time and putting what is important first (Can you say family prayer and family night?...now say the word "habit"). It's hard because it first comes with disciplining myself! Ah well... here goes. Happy New Year everyone!

1 comment:

Tayva said...

It was the best Christmas present to have you all here! Yeah, it got a little crazy, but wasn't it wonderful?! Thank you for coming, thanks for the blog!, and thanks for everything. I love you. And guess who was JUST LIKE Sadie. Me! I got into Trudy's make-up all the time! I'm going to put together a little place for her to draw all over herself (and Elliet, too---Luke?) if they want. I just wasn't thinking ahead! XOXO, Mom