Saturday, December 8, 2007

Merry Christmas from New York

Well, there is no place like home for the Holidays. Why do you ask? No rats.
Look at the visitor on the subway platform we saw today. Yikes! Of course, I still had to take a picture...
We are having a great time. Not much to report other than lots of walking and shopping and people watching (and rat watching).
Here are some fun things we have seen so far:

Mr. Rat waiting for the L train.

A very real replica of the famous photograph. This street vendor was selling small versions of this on the sidewalk behind the truck.

Here is Scott. We are subbing. See Scott wear scarf & hat & gloves. It is COLD. It is WINDY.

One thing we did hear was how fun it is to visit during Christmastime and we have not been disappointed. The city really does go all out. Even the unsightly construction scaffolding has been made merry with lights. I guess Cartier can afford that, though.

This is an enormous star hanging IN THE MIDDLE of an intersection, all made of 16,000 crystals and weighs 3,300 lbs.

The Plaza tree! But I will try and get a closer look before we go because there were way too many annoying tourists here... I mean, how irritating!

The trees around the plaza are wrapped up the wazoo. Almost every branch has lights on them. Incredible.

So it may be lame to blog while visiting NYC but my feet won't go another step tonight.
Merry Merry! More to come tomorrow. Maybe.

2 comments:

Jewels said...

I AM SO JEALOUS!! Those pictures are great, especially of Ratty. Your'e so funny and clever. I'm glad you guys are having such a great time! You are bringing me something, right?

anna said...

you make me salivate for a hotdog on the street! ha!! imagine...! very jealous!!