Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Baking Tragedy #2

Alright.
You know what lesson I am learning the hard way this season?
That all the money dumped into good marketing and editorial magic WORKS and makes you a SUCKER.
Case in point: Spritz cookies.
The latest issue of Blueprint (Um... it's a great one- pick it up) has the most adorable cookie-press cookies. Don't think granny, kids. They are SO now. At least, that is what the magazine says. So I believed. Oh- I believed with all my little Christmas heart and I went and invested in a simple press just to try (Sucker I tell you!).
You saw what happened to my gingerbread houses! I am emotionally fragile. But how bad could it be? How bad could someone really screw up pressing dough from a tube onto a pan? Oh, plbth. Please. Don't insult me.
Well let me tell you something. Life will give you lemons and they are bitter and sour.
And those little cookies might look all happy and innocent as they smile at you all neat in a row, ready to bake. But nooooooooo. They are naughty and spread and blerb together and what once was a 'wreath' now looks like a big zit with a burned whitehead... Not pretty. Not even with photo shop and glossy printing.
*sigh*
I am going to try again. I think it was my dough. It had to have been. And maybe hot cookie sheets? As you swap back and forth? And humidity. Yeah- that's totally a factor here... AND altitude. But it wasn't me. Can't have been. They were baked with love and laughed in my face. Bad, mean cookies!

4 comments:

SSWS said...

Andrea,
I love your blog! The Christmas shoes make me laugh...and I just wanted to commiserate with "Christmas baking" it always seems more fun than it actually is....I just finished a batch of cookies, and I'm not sure if I dare give them to the neighbors. Just want you to know...I feel your pain!! Hope you guys are great.

Sscheuller

Emily said...

I want to see some photos of your cookies. Have you baked round two yet?

anna said...

poo poo on those stupid cookies in the picture anyway. they are NOT REAL but SANTA IS!

Andrea said...

Thanks, Sara! I say you give the cookies to your neighbors anyway and just put on the tag that they are from your other neighbor. See what ensues.... :)