Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Yo, Peeps!

It's Spring Break and we decided to stick around this year. So far it's been nice hanging around at home. We've had some crazy windy weather despite nice temps but before it arrived we fit in a hike and a trip to the park, colored our first batch of Easter eggs (making my fridge smell super awesome) and today some of the kids friends are coming over to make these little Easter treats.
I saw a similar idea on my friend Anna's blog and thought it was so cute. I modified the 'pen' to a rice {substitute corn flake} crispy treat and shaped it into a nest for the base. I know- it's not like nests are made out of flakes- I really wanted to use that fiber cereal that looks like twigs (aw! so cute, right?) but alas... I didn't want my friends bothered that I made their kids use the restroom more often. If you do that for your own, do send me pics!
Then I used royal icing to glue on a bed of colored coconut, candy eggs and an electric colored peep. The reviews are in! This 'tweet' is something to chirp about! Ha! What a bad closing line....
Anyway, soon my family arrives for Easter festivities (sans the Jolleys :( )! Can't wait!

2 comments:

Jules said...

3 words...chow mein noodles! Work great! I melted chocolate chips with a bit of shortening, threw in the crunchy noodles, formed the nests, and added the eggs...the rest is history! :)

Andrea said...

Brilliant, J!!!! Do you have pics?