Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Day Glo

Until I get a window of time to catch up on posts of value like Easter/family/kids..."such as" (said like a true beauty pageantess, eh?), I at least have a moment to reveal yet another embarrassing trend confession: Neon. I don't know if it's the Springtime or what but I am digging brightness. I wanted a neon yellow T last summer and realized every time I put one on that A) it was a horrid color on me and B) I should probably avoid clothing because I wore that already as a teenager. But bits of it here and there is okay, right? Like this fab necklace from Jcrack or accents in shoes. The girl crawling on the mirror floor is a bit much but her shoes are HOT. The ad showcasing the bottle opener edged bucket arrived in my email this week and I loved the painted neon bottles. What can I do with neon in my home that won't look totally tacky? Any ideas? Anyway, I forsee cans of flourescent Krylon soon in my future. Could be bad, Could be good.
Though...I certainly won't do that to my bike.
(but I would a fixie! How cool would that be? Rich! Pick up a cheap bike and we'll make it wall art!)

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Keep your eyes peeled for my neon pink swimsuit for Powell this summer!!

Love the Necklace too!

La La Land said...

I love neon accessories, but the clothes...not so much. It seems like just a few years ago we were wearing neon!

Oh, and I loved the neon lights in your old house...