Sunday, March 14, 2010

Booked

Brian Regan has this joke mocking the cooking directions for a Pop Tart and how directions on the box offer a cooking alternative to toasting: You can microwave them for 3 seconds. He goes on to say if you are so busy in your life that you only have 3 seconds in your day to prepare a meal, you're 'booking yourself too tight'. That you need to pick up some Wyoming brochures. It's all very funny. It's also been something I thought about this week as I ran from thing to thing. Here is the beginning to the end:
Tuesday- it all started at 6:30pm. Our ward RS Activity. So much prep, car loads and set up... the activity went well (I think) complete with a homemade video, many service projects and even included homemade gourmet cupcakes (SO yum), we picked up in a blur and I returned home to then drive to Disneyland. The RS stuff filled up the garage floor and I loaded the car. We left at 9:30pm.
Wednesday- 1:00am we arrive at the hotel, unload and crash. Wake up, eat Breakfast and hit the park. Spent most of that day in CA-Adventure with some friends. Great fun (pics on that next). Back to the hotel to crash- we were all asleep by 9pm.
Thursday- Wake, eat and do the Disney shizzle. Finished by 2pm- loaded up and drove home. Used the night to prep for...
Friday-Scott took the kids to school ('Donuts with Dad' y'all) while I loaded the car for Mt. Biking in St. George. We had a big trip planned to ride the White Rim Trail but had to change it because it's still covered in snow. By 9:30 am we are on our way. We met up with our group, rode, ate and played. Then slept hard.
Saturday- ate breakfast, rode some more, packed up & ate and headed home. We got home just in time to change clothes and drive across town for our ward Temple night at 6pm. Dinner after, then home to bed.
Are you tired yet?! I ask you this: Where would I have fit in a pop tart? I do realize that it was mostly selfish. I could have easily not done much of that and I know I do it to myself, but it was worth it. If you read this much, here are the few pics I grabbed during the St. G installment. I'm only home for a couple of days and then off again. Time for a toaster treat!


This is my great friend, Erica. Without her I would not have been out there swearing. I mean... admiring the great beauty of the southwest on 29ers. She is amazing on her bike and so fun to be with. We always talk about funny stuff on our outdoor activities and she pushes me to be better (on the bike and off). XO to the E!

She took me to this really fun area on our last ride called the THREE FINGERS OF DEATH. I wish I could say it was treacherous...nay, to be lucky I'm alive! Keep thinking that if it makes you impressed. But really, it was big swooping ups and downs. So much fun. Yes. I am 7.
It's the other stuff we did with unassuming names that have switch back turns edging hundreds of feet drop offs. I did freak out a little at those....

So so pretty, right?!? The weather was awesome. It was calm and beautiful in the skies. When Erica and I rode up the hill to the car, a storm blew in and the wind picked up like crazy. Within minutes the rain came down hard. Whew!


I had to get pics of this house. Do those look like ghosts? Is that Siguaro a figment of your imagination? These yard sculptures are made out of wire mesh and were stop worthy. At first the eagle was my favorite and then I looked a little deeper to see....

The big Indian against the side of the house. Faaantastic! I so urge you to click for a bigger look. I spy a turkey and a bear. A snake and a squirrel. A dragonfly and an arse (well?... it IS).

4 comments:

anna said...

i am soooo jealous! i don't care if i only have 3 secs to prepare food, that schedule sounds delightful to me!

Erica said...

Thanks for the fun weekend in St. George! We had a great time riding with you guys.

Kjrsten said...

GAAAA! we drove by this sucker a few times while we were in St. george (on our way to a climbing spot not two miles from there) I even took a pic of the crazy yard art with my diana! I hope it turns out. If so I will post on my blog for you to see!

Jeannine said...

That house with all those animals out front is down the hill from my families St. George condo. It's been there for like 15 years and he just keeps adding new animals. CRAZY