Thursday, December 18, 2008

Snow Snow Come and Go

I am sure you have heard... as this has made some big waves in the news. Historic snow fall in Las Vegas! Like....an inch on the ground! I know, not a lot but it's been really fun and atmospheric to drive around in snow-globe size flakes and have a rare winter wonderland. Just like when I grew up in Utar. Unfortunately we didn't get to play around in it much because Luke has been sick, but we stood outside and let them fall on our tongue, utilized it as a back drop and put on holiday music through the house while making gingerbread cookies (Um.... yes, more of them. Yum) and commenting on everything we drove by. Last night Clark County declared school closed today due to the weather. Not really necessary since most of it was melted by this morning. Therefore, I had the kids home for two days with no school. It's time, my friends. It's time for them to go back tomorrow. A fort can only entertain for so long.
Yesterday school was out for Parent Teacher Conference. I went in and sat at a short desk and listened to her report. Elliet is doing awesome! Already reading at 2nd grade level and is doing well in all her subjects. Whew. She has even nick-named the teacher. I am glad she (the teacher) has a good sense of humor.....
Most Christmas preps are finally falling into place. Working on the Christmas cards now and then it's time to get wrapping the Patch way, all crazy like. With all of our free time, the kids and I watched 'A Christmas Story' yesterday and I got misty eyed when Ralph was opening his BBgun. It was his Dad that did it to me- so great! How he gets all giggly as Ralph is opening the box and then guides him as he pours in the bb's... ah charming. Sometimes you miss being a kid and being the one to receive, but it doesn't compare to giving something wonderful that you put your heart into. Now if I could just get those things DONE. Nah, I'll blog instead.

3 comments:

JENNIE! said...

i'm right there with you.... time for the kids to go back... Christmas is coming way to fast!

Jewels said...

You guys were all over the news with your dramatic snowfall - I bet your kids loved it though, yes? Snow makes everything better. We are covered in about 5 inches over here and I am so giddy for the Christmas to get itself ON! Call me with that gingerbread recipe already...

Jeannine said...

I like gingerbread cookies. They're my favorite. (Hint Hint) Great pictures, I didn't even take any. I want to know Elliet's teachers nickname. I bet it's awesome.