Monday, September 15, 2008

Happy Birthdays!

September is a busy Birthday month for our family. My Dad's is on the 4th and he is getting SOOOO OLD! (Love you, Woddies)
Actually my Dad is the most young at heart man I know. I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Dad dearly. He is so funny and wise and positive. He's a hard worker and a great example. He's also one of my kindred friends because he has random pursuits and interests, just like me. Lately it's his fascination with small, vintage water boats (Think Beach Boys). They are mid-century pieces of art! Very cool, Dad. And look at the man surf? He doesn't even need the senior citizen rope. Earlier in this run he was putting his hands on his hips and puffing out his chest like he was the shizzle. And, well, he is.
You are the best. I hope you had a great Birthday and know how much I love you (your most favorite, coolest daughter kiss kiss)!!!!!



And next in the month is Julia, my dear sister. Her Birthday was on the 10th and she, too, is getting SOOO OLD!!!!! Like, she's almost into her thirties! tsk tsk. But you wouldn't know it because she got the looks out of the pair of us, which is why I was a little mean and used a not-so-hot picture of her from our Lake Powell trip...which didn't really work because she still looks good. Think I am wrong? go to her blog. The girl does not take a bad picture so it's only fair. :-) But hey! Like, totally BFF. She is tubular to the top.
Julia is so fun and quick-witted. I am so proud of her and her family ways (K- totally laughed at how dorky that sounds, but it's true). She's a great wife and mother and ambitious with her talents. I am impressed with all her many entertaining adventures. Julia loves to have fun and by darn she does a lot of it! Juls, I love you so much. Thank you for keeping your older, lame sister laughing.
(Do you like her party hat? I know, a bit 'elf' but green is so now)

And Jess! Her Birthday is coming on the 20th and she is so far from being old, I swear. This is my sister-in-law-but-really-my-real-sister because she fits into our family like spandex on Spears. We have all been the better for her in our family. She is SO great! So smart, very ambitious and determined in spirit. She's had some tough challenges to work through which make her all the more beautiful inside and out. And no shortage on the looks, either- I mean, nappy lake hair and she still looks fab in her pink party hat!

LOVE you my dear family! Happy Birthday!

4 comments:

Jessica said...

How funny are you with those party hats?! I love them! Thanks Andrea for the tribute. You are so wonderful and thanks for loving me back!

Jewels said...

I so LOVE my hat - it's tilted to the side like I've already had too much punch. Thanks for the shout out! Love you so much, I love having you for my sister.

Jewels said...

...and 'Like spandex on spears'??!?!?! HAHAHAHAHAHA!! Aw, man - I'm laughing so hard right now...

Brian said...

Dearest Awa,
No father has ever had better daughters. Thanks for your wonderful tribute, and I LOVE LOVE LOVE you too! I'm sorry you're blessed with the curse of having so many random pursuits and interests like me, but what can you do? You should see this great '58 Sea Bee I'm working on.....

I love you!
Woddies