Saturday, August 9, 2008

Pirates, Vampires and Leotards, Oh My!

Oy, Scallywags.... updates from this week are very exciting!
Well, perhaps not as exciting as my book THAT I FINALLY FINISHED. I kept my comments in their proper place, so scroll down to that post if you want to read my review. But it's true- my life is not as exciting. Nice to have it done so I can return to said life of normalcy...of grocery shopping, picking up after people, refereeing childish squabbles....sigh....
So anyway, something monumental has finally occurred: Elliet lost her first tooth! It has become very wiggly and she was trying to wiggle it out when it dropped on the floor and she stood up with it wearing a triumphant smile! We squealed and laughed at the cool pirate faces she could now make in the mirror (she has also adopted that trick where you squish your tongue in the space and have a 'tongue tooth'). This is why she is standing with a sword and mean face in the photo. Arg. She then promptly lost the tooth when she took it downstairs to show Dad. But I don't think it bothered her; it made sense that she could explain to the tooth fairy what happened and she'd get her 'dollars' for a toy anyway. Which begs the question...What is the going rate these days anyway? How generous is the Tooth Fairy? I need to know because she is finishing her letter!

I am behind on this one because I haven't had pictures until this week, but I signed up the girls for Ballet/Tap class a few weeks ago and we stayed and watched this week. It was so cute to see her flit around in her tights and skirt. All those girls trotting around after the teacher. And more funny to watch her not pay any attention in her own little world.
Elliet and Luke stayed in the doorway to watch. As you can see, Lucas was taking the observations to heart and trying his own attempt at the "Heel, Toe, Step" tap instructions. All the parents were giggling at him. Yeah, that's my boy. Scott would be so proud.
Anyway, very fun to watch her so I had to include a few pictures here. Like that one where her skirt is up to her armpits!? Awesome. Money well spent, I say....

As for the rest of this week, not much to update on other than reading. Oh- well, we did get our new snow cone flavors and had some friends come and help us try them ALL out on a nice summer evening (read nine flavors. Nine!). Now I know what to bring to Powell next week (um, not the Peach. Blech.)
And I rode my bike through the Red Rock loop twice in a row. Not impressive to some who read this blog since they do that like, three times a day up-hill-both-ways blah blah blah... I don't know how some people ride as long as they do. I was aching coming home and really wanting a huge pancake breakfast. And then I go out this morning for a chill ride and totally wiped out. I'll have a nice raspberry the size of a plate on my hip to deal with for a week. I'm even typing funny right this moment so as not so spread my neosporin-weeping elbow wound all over my desk. You know you love it. All these gorey details. I am just preparing you for the holiday that is coming around the corner. Should I take some gruesome pictures at Powell? Should I? As Richard would say,
"Waaait for it......"

8 comments:

Tayva said...

Oooh! How fun are the photos and your great commentary! As for Luke, what a renaissance man---they all dance . . . The going rate for the tooth fairy? Hmm. The rates have gone up. After consulting with my financial adviser (your dad), he says $2. Does it depend on the tooth? Oh, honey! take care of your wounds and get well soon! XOXOXOXOX, Mommy

Jeannine said...

I don't know about inflation but when I lost my teeth the tooth fairy was pretty frugal with her money. I think i got a quarter or a dime and a whopping fifty cents for a molar. maybe a dollar i can't remember. Anyway I know some houses get $20 for a tooth. Why couldn't I live at that house. The tooth fairy plays favorites I think. Anyway I can't help u out but I agree with your mom. that sounds like a good price

Jessica said...

I love little girls in a ballet outfit. It reminds me of being tiny and thinking I was "pretty in pink." Fun pictures!

Yennigirl said...

Hey Andrea - Jenny here. We give the gold $1 coins for "regular" teeth (maybe she'll like the gold pirate booty) and a $2 bill for molars. Now that I think about it, you probably don't need this advice anymore. Oh well. Grace is SO not girly, and I love seeing little girls in their pink tutus etc. a little jealous. Collin is the dancer in our family.

Amb & Dev said...

It's about time you put those girlies into dance! so fun! Hey what studio is that? It's a great facility. P.S. The Cooper's are finally having a baby!!! Talk to you later.

Amber

Jewels said...

Hmmm, I have NO clue what the tooth fairy pays these days. Same as Jeanine - I know some houses that get $20 per tooth. Wha?? I better start knocking mine out. The ones I don't use very often, anyway...

Can't wait for the snow cones at Powell!!! I will see you in a matter of hours...then we can dish about the book in person.

The Tetro's said...

I am so glad you opened your blog back up - it is my only way to catch up on your family every so often - glad you are doing well. - love, cyd (you can find us at www.rehtro.com)

The Tetro's said...

Oh - and our tooth fairy pays $5/tooth - we have to compete with the fairy that leaves toys :).