Thursday, August 7, 2008

Design Appetite

Thank goodness for creative people! My mind has been in too many places lately (and the book has not been helping in my efforts of order), but I am looking forward to school starting, having a routine and more time to create and experiment. I even have an art blog idea formulating which will show progress, ideas and thoughts. I know. You can't wait. Buy your tickets early.
In the meantime, some products that I dig right now:
J. A. does it again. This elephant bank is so cool. I am always impressed with the products he churns out. Very inspiring and clever. The textures of his pottery are classic mid-century and have great modern style and this simple coin bank is no exception. Darn him. I want it.
And the pillow. This collage look is becoming popular. Have you noticed it cropping up in ads and other prints??? I want to try something using this trend but haven't decided on what to make yet. I think the gun image included with the others is what makes this cool. Maybe if I cut out a bunch of cool silhouettes in vinyl and put them on a wood panel.... maybe some resin.... maybe some paint..... yes, yes, I like where this is going....




And this plate. Do I love Octopi? Not necessarily, but I think this plate is sickeningly cool. I love how the negative space is the flat color and the image in wood grain. Reminds me of an artist I saw a while ago who did some paintings with this idea. Hm. That reminds me I wanted to try that. Hmmm.... project #2 on the art blog....I'll just run to Home Depot now and grab that wood and case of time.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I feel like you Andrea. I have so many ideas, but the difference between you and I is that you actually know how to carry out these ideas. I could never really pull them off!

Jewels said...

They sell cases of time at Home Depot?!? So THAT'S where everyone gets them - why didn't you tell me sooner!