Tuesday, August 12, 2008

PB Kids Redemption

Elliet needs a new backpack. We have shopped for one for weeks; looking online and Target, etc. She kept telling me she wanted a princess one (ugh). I finally agreed but when she picked the one she wanted, I just couldn't bring myself to spend $20 on it because A) it was not well made and would not last the abuse she puts them through and B) they are short-tem so I tried again to talk her out of it. I know, what's the harm? The harm is this: they are lame. Plain is the way to go, at least with my kids whose interests change as fast as their kindness to each other. SO! (hang in there- I know this is boring but I am getting to the point) We went to Pottery Barn Kids because she saw the polka dot backpacks in their catalog. Now, I haven't been to PB Kids in a while. They have okay stuff- but so much of it seems to repeat in style so I don't check it out unless I am looking for something. Well, in we walk today and they had these new desks. Cool, yes?! I like the modern, clean top and the traditional, vintage legs. They come in a great green, candy-apple red or white and it's super-glossy, enamel like paint... nice and shiny. I want to get the white one for Elliets green room... but am also considering the candy red. Anyway, very cool. I got the twins rooms pretty much put together months ago but Elliet's has been neglected for a while. This may be the motivation I need to revamp.
And how great are these pillows??? I love the guitar one. Am I too old to have a plush accessory like these on my bed?

And last but not least! They have Halloween products online!!! (PB kids only- not on PB yet... Oh yeah, I'm on it)

6 comments:

Jewels said...

I. Want. That. Red. Desk. Must have. Will have. My words - mark them.

SSWS said...

Hi Andrea! Love your inspiration. We are due for a girls room re-do. You are awesome to visit my neglected blog. We will be at LOTOJA! Let's plan something. Mike is gearing up. Are you both riding! I love that.

Jeannine said...

My opinion...never too old for a guitar pillow, then again I'm guilty of my friends saying my taste is tacky. Just because I like bright colors doesn't make my taste tacky right? right! That being said the red desk would look sooooo cute in Elliets room

Skeeter said...

I PB Kids for storytime. Love their stuff, I saw the desk and the guitar pillow. So cute!

Jewels said...

Update. Seriously.

Bryan Crew said...

Not to be "Debbie Downer", but I have to say that I have never, ever had a painted piece of kids furniture from PB that hasn't scratched like CRAZY. They have these pens you can buy to touch up the paint- lame. If you have something to fix your product, then get the clue that it needs to be changed so that we don't have to buy the pens! We sold the PB beds and replaced them with another brand (looks exactly the same but way cheaper) that doesn't scratch. Too bad we're stuck with everything else. Sorry such a downer...maybe you'll have better luck.