Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Lake Powell 2008

WOW! I am so late posting....but better late than never.
I have good reasons. Really, I do. I had great intentions to post soon after getting home but then life happened. I think this has been one of the most busy weeks I have had all year. It has seriously been like 'finish that appointment, 10 minutes to get home, grab that, go make copies to drop off at the next place, help with this, change kids in the car for dance class that we are late for, hurry home to eat dinner and go to soccer'..... agh. Way to busy after a vacation like this. So let's focus, class, on the past. Let's wallow in the good that was. Because it was great and I presently choose to "...Hold on to the night... hold on to the memory..." (are you singing it? that elevator 80's ballad? Who was that....I just cheated and looked it up. Richard Marx! Juls, if you own this don't reveal it to me....) Anyway, as I was saying before I so rudely interrupted myself....
(I know, you have missed me, yes?)
I have a lot of pictures of the trip so I whipped up a delicious web album you can view here if you so desire. Though, read the deets first and it will explain some of the heppeneens.
This trip was great. It was a rare and special occasion as it was the entire Patch Fam + spouses and NO KIDS. This is getting nearly impossible to do so it was great to have it work out and be together again. We immediately set in to our old habits of harassing each other and laughing at everything. Our poor in-laws must wonder what they married into but we sure think they are a great fit!
As soon as we arrived not a moment of fun was wasted. We busted out the Guitar Hero, applied temporary tattoos (Rich wanted a custom by yours truly so I worked my magic with a sharpie...and hey, try that at home because it was practically gone the next day, absorbed into Rich's bloodstream and probably growing a sharpie tumor) and changed immediately into uniform: the bathingsuit. The next morning we drove the boat out to a beach. And yes, I have a photo to document, but us women actually had a Halloween planning meeting. We did. I know. Pathetic. It's shameful. It's August. But we did it anyway and it was great fun.
Once we beached, we had some great relaxing days. We played volleyball on the beach, did diving tricks off the back (I tried many a time to do a back dive.... yeah, never nailed it and entertained the lot a plenty. Thank you Julia for not posting those pictures), watched movies, did ONE puzzle...a hellish tradition but we can't stop, lounged and sunned while listening to music, explored canyons, went surfing, painted nails, ate snow cones, etc. The second night there we had an incredible sunset and full moon rise over the rock skyline. It was so beautiful that we ended up spending most of the evening sitting on the top of the boat watching the sky. As it got darker (and after Marty did a jump off the tippy-top of the boat), we ditched the idea of a fire on the beach and did s'mores on the grill while watching the pop corn clouds coast past the moon. SO SO incredible. One of the most beautiful nights I have ever experienced there. We even whipped out the telescope and saw the four moons of Jupiter! And then guess what? We all went to bed and at 2am woke up to a crazy storm blowing through. Very exciting, all this. It blew the puzzle away. Shame.
We were scheduled to head home on Saturday but we all worked out staying one more day (except Mom and Dad- we missed you!) so we gave Guitar Hero one more loud work out. Rich, you are a great Gpartner. "YYZ" has never been so fun. Maybe Santa will give me that this year since he didn't want me to have it last year because he thought I would waste my time playing it too much and not do my mothering duties.... er something like that....
Thank you wonderful, fun, amazing family for all taking the time off to be together. It was SO fun and great to go again together, just like our summers growing up. XOXOXO!







Powell 2008

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Hey Andrea, I'm glad I can get back on your blog, looks like a great time at Lake Powell! Tim said he stopped by to see you guys last week, I'm sorry I missed out. Sounds like your kids are busy with lots of fun activities. Happy school year!

Jewels said...

That was the BEST trip ever - I can't wait to go next year. Are you in town this weekend? Do we need to spend many hours hanging out?