Wednesday, January 20, 2010

We Have Landed

All is well here in Vegas. Just busybusy as all get out.
We returned Monday from an awesome trip to the NYC. Good weather and so much life! I always leave with my head swollen and aching from the inspiration overload in my brain. I'll be posting some cool pics and updates soon after the weeks crazyness that doesn't seem to end. I have cool stuff to show you.
As for this pic, we surfaced from the Subway right at the famous Flat Iron Bldg. Much more interesting to me this trip as it's one of the few remaining structures left by Daniel Burnham (who I just read all about in Devil in the White City). Such a cool design.

I will say that my mild post holiday re-commitment to stop eating soooo much food was short lived. We flew off to the Big Apple and I think I ate way too many big apples. And bagels. And desserts. I have come home with a NY baby in my tummy (easy now, you freaks... that's not a family announcement)... this is a different kind of baby... it's a potato chip, caramelized french toast, Thai spring rolls, gourmet pizza baby. This pregnancy is way more fun but I won't have anything as cool to show for it except for my gaping gut. Denial has been a good friend, though (and clothing layers. Hooray for cold weather!).
Until it happened.
There I was, happily pushing my cart through Target whilst giggling on the phone with my sis and I turned the corner to this ghastly scene of spandex.
It was like the angel of death.
The cold hard facts.
Staring me in the face.

Yes, Andrea. Yes. Summer is going to come and you will have to do something about that NY baby gut.

*sigh*


2 comments:

Jewels said...

You won't have to do anything about it if you sport that stylish paisley number on the top rack.

I loved chatting with you - I can't wait to see more NY pics.

Yennigirl said...

Seems like you've got your priorities straight to me. A trip isn't good unless the food was. Right? Can't wait to see more pics. (And what did you think of that book, it freaked me out and I had to give it away).