Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Festivities Part Two

We had a very fun December. It was crazy and throughout the month I decided to focus on enjoying all the events we were fitting in. So it's crazy...so what! That's what December is always like. And it's crazy with happy blessings in your life. Here are some of the things we enjoyed during the month:
-Driving through Sunset Park listening to Christmas tunes. Very slowly (Holiday traffic- hooray!) & checking out other local sites
-Watching 'Christmas Carol', 'Elf', 'Merry Madagascar', 'The Grinch', 'White Christmas', etc. Holiday movies are importanté...
-FHE with extended family to decorate cookies
-Making loads and loads of gingerbread cookies (and frosting some with Erica again!)
-Playing my iTunes Christmas playlist a lot and dancing like idiots (My kids are esp. fond of Wham's Last Christmas- Who knew)
-Parties with friends: Beatles GH playoff, book club dinner + gift exchange (I so love my prize from Charles! Thanks, Ang!) and the famous PJ Tingey dinner. YUM.
-Christmas shopping with the kids while they bought presents for each other in the $1 area @ Target, then wrapping and anticipating...
-Gingerbread house making
-Planning Scotts prezzie. More on that later. Yahoo!
-Making Nativity costumes for a friend (+ myself)








Here is just one of the many times we made cookies. I swear, I think I made this recipe about 7 or 8 times throughout the month but they are the best and the best to share with the peeps we love. Luckily the recipe makes a few dozen at a time. The kids are good at this part, it's the frosting I wish they could help with. Clarification: They do frost and have a grand old time licking it off and re-frosting. But alas, I cannot put these on your plate. It's my Christmas gift to you.
As much time as it can take, I confess I love doing this every year. It's a fun creative outlet to sit for a couple of hours after the kids are in bed and I can play with sugar to make these special for the people we share them with.
This year I kept the packaging simple and thought they turned out super duper.

Now I just need an 11 month break from making Gingerbread and I'll be ready to do this again!

No comments: