Thursday, January 7, 2010

Christmas 2009

Christmas day was quiet and wonderful! I didn't take many pictures because of my lazy enjoyment of it all. The kids didn't wake up until after 7:30 and, as tradition goes in my family, we got dressed and ate breakfast before digging into the paper and bows. It was fun to see the kids come down the stairs and see what Santa had out for them. Elliet has wanted roller skates forever and got those. She was pretty good at them by the end of the day, too. Concrete floors are the greatest. Luke loved his Batcave and Sadie loves everyone's toys. The kids have been playing school for a while so compiled a set up to make that more official and teacher Elliet began the complex math problems right away.
We kept things pretty simple this year, only a few toys for the kids and not much for each of us but I did have a gahroovy idea early in Dec which I worked on for Scott. I was so excited. Would it work? Could I do it? I kept calling and calling and finally NBC released the dates I wanted and I got them. Tix to Jimmy Fallon next Thursday night in NYC. A week from right now! Then I booked flights and reserved the hotel and looked up concerts and decided to stop at the hotel and airlines until Christmas so we could plan the rest together. Well, thanks to Marriot, my husband received a phone call to verify some strange activity regarding our card and, you guessed it, revealed my hotel reservation tipping him off to my plan. But that was okay because at least the best part (JFallon) was still a su-preez. And now we're off next week for a trip with just us two. I am stoked! I love going on vacays with just him. We've got concerts and all kinds of things filling in the agenda. Now I just need to figure out how to get Jimmy Fallon to meet me and want to be my friend (I do have a leetle crush on the fellow).
We relaxed all day, watched Up (I hadn't seen it yet- OMJeewillikers-I was a mess 10 minutes in- beautiful and touching!), played the Wii and hung out. So fun to have my parents with us.
Saturday we snagged a babysitter for the afternoon and the four of us went out for lunch and Sherlock Holmes (so freaking grandtastic. The clothes? The lines? Yum and YUM) then back home for more hanging out.
All in all, a successful end to the holidays. And next, the final installment update of our New Years accounts. Then I'll be all caught up. Whew.

This last pic is from other Grandparents home from this past weekend. Luke was enjoying the surrounding bounty awaiting him. We had "Christmas" with them after returning home and received some thoughtful and generous gifts. What great grandparents! Thank you Papa/Nana & Mimi/Bobba!

3 comments:

Jewels said...

Is that a vintage tinsel tree like the one I saw in Martha?? Oooooh, I so want one of those...

La La Land said...

What a fun Christmas. I should tell you my Jimmy Fallon story sometime. Actually, it's my friend's story. He kissed her...

Yennigirl said...

Your trip sounds so fun! I can't wait to hear about it. We have that same R2D2 ornament on our tree (so doesn't fit the rest of the ornaments, but oh well).