Sunday, April 26, 2009

Hop-ScotchZi

I think Elliet has a little control problem.
Found this on another area of our pool decking. She is serious, eh?
And the twins, again, demonstrated what the requirements were. That top area of FIVE squares across was.... can you guess? I couldn't either. From left to right: left foot, right foot, left hand, right hand, HEAD. Yes. Head. Sadie did it, too. And did it without toppling right over into the pool. Then Luke did it his way (Elliet was at school). A foot on each end, then a finger from one hand, two from the other. Much easier.
Busyness a brewing. Went Thursday night to a live broadcast of "This American Life" with a friend of mine. It was so nice to get out. Then Friday Scott went to his Youth Conference so it was just the kids and I. We hit the park and swam, picked up dinner, rented a movie, ate popcorn. I even squeezed in a bit of my book. Saturday I paid for the relaxing night with the kids.... after a very windy soccer game for Luke, we stayed home the rest of the day cleaning up, organizing and I also did a lot of school costume fabrication including a full Gingerbread Man get up, two two-layered full length skirts, two aprons, two bonnets and two yarn wigs. It was almost more than I could take but luckily we have Lego Star Wars to release some creative brain pressure (evil grin).
Anyway, here goes a crazy week followed by another crazy week. Dance rehearsals and pictures along with many other dee-doos. Looks like Obi-Wan is going to have to wait a while. Hope you have a Happy Monday!

2 comments:

La La Land said...

Can't wait to see the costumes. And, I am SO jealous that you were able to go to the taping of "This American Life!" I love that show.

anna said...

that's some crazy competitive hopscotchers you got there!

and i love how you just whipped out about a dozen costumes in your spare.