Monday, May 4, 2009

Holy Bellagio

Yikes! It has happened again. An entire week has gone by where I didn't have a minute to update. Man, last week was SO busy. I had so many things crammed into every unit of time that I could feel myself emotionally fracturing at the demands of it all. But whatever- you can't stop, right? I finished nearly all the school costumes and we tried those on the kids this week. I have only a few remaining loose ends to finish (did most of them this afternoon) so that will finally be behind me. Still in the middle of some design deadlines to meet as well as more school stuff.... Things are just a-crazy, goodness knows....
I snapped these pics last Monday. The weather has been so wonderful and the evenings perfectly temperate, so we decided to be brave and venture out to the temple for our FHE with the kids. We grabbed dinner on the way and got there ready to have a nice evening stroll around and discuss some cool things. What do you know... we are just launching into our tour around and Sadie says...!!! "Mom- I need to go to the bathroom..." You have got to be kidding me. It's closed on Monday. NO restroom access anywhere. So much for that. We hurry around and spout off some quick lesson and then hurry into the car. Halfway down the road the urge has left. It's as if it never was! Go figure. We dicide to now do the opposite of righteous and head to the Bellagio to check out the garden and fountains. Now, what part of the evening do you think the kids will remember the most? I think so, too.
They had all kinds of butterflies (I swear some were the size of smart cars) flitting in these cool green houses, neat water tunnels and displays. The fountains never disappoint and it was fun to hear the kids slowly say "waaaaooooooowww" at everything. Everything so worldly and pretentious (haha-jk).
They didn't want to leave but home to real life we must go. We never really go down there and haven't taken the kids before, so to them it was super duper. But, ahem, the best part was our first stop at the Lords house.

This sunset was from another night last week. I can't remember which one, could have even been the same, but it was so pretty. I took about 15 photos of it changing colors. The west is the best, is it not?! I love this desert sky. This time of year is so so so magical. Even going on my boring training runs in the morning makes it worth being outside.
Okay. That was a nice quick breath but I'll have to update the rest of my pics tomorrow (hopefully). Happy Cinco De Mayo, Amigas!

1 comment:

Jewels said...

I wish the weather here would make up it's mind. That sunset is gorgeous! And so is Scott. Just saying.