Thursday, May 28, 2009

It's ALIVE

In case you were wondering...
The garden adventure is going pretty well. Though, I have noticed that others who currently have gardens have fruit much larger than mine already weighing down the plants. We'll see. I was as giddy as a school girl when there were finally leeetle-tiny tomatoes hanging there. The kids found them first and were all jolly to show me. And we cheered a little. I have also had to make a few transplants. Some Basil expired and the other one is still alive by some miracle but I swear it's not changed in size at ALL. I planted some carrots (in the bottom right corner) and had them in a pretty row, or that's what I thought. That is not how they are growing. I fear I'll be uprooting a ripe, orange knotted organ when it's time to harvest, like a big pumpkin size mutation of connected growth. I feel so 'Frankenstein'!
I took these photos a week ago and after being gone over Mem. weekend, they have already grown so much more. It's really cool to watch it change so fast.
Anyway, I see peppers, I see France, I see someone's... zucchini plants!

3 comments:

Jewels said...

I'm laughing so hard right now.

La La Land said...

Ditto what Julia said. Seriously funny.

JENNIE! said...

wow... not only is your garden amazing, your plants talk...cool