Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Pink Peek

The girls have been in dance since last fall. In January they announced the plans for a May recital and needed commitments if we wanted to participate. I talked it over with the girls and they were up for it. They have been practicing hard for these past months and it has been so funny to watch, especially Sadie's tiny class, try and do synchronized choreography. They just look so cute in their teeny tiny ballet shoes trying to balance on one foot and pose. The teachers have been wonderful and chose some really cute songs and costumes. Elliet's class is doing 'A Spoonful Of Sugar' from Mary Poppins which explains their costumes a little better. Sadie's class is doing a simple song called "In My Ballet Shoes" so what better than complete pink and frills? It will just make the performance so freaking cute, and certainly sweeten their magnified trips and mix ups. They had a rehearsal last week and pictures (yes, this added to my hectic schedule) and these shots are from the picture appointments. Thought it would be fun to share. This may be something boring that only a mom thinks people will be interested in (?)..... but seriously- little girls in pink tights!? It's, like, so Degas. :).
Elliet's school play is next Friday, the recital is Saturday. My parents will be visiting that weekend to see the fun. We're all looking forward to it!

5 comments:

Tayva said...

Love the photos! Can they get cuter? I don't think so---no, absolutely not, except another little girl in her ballet costume (their sweet mama when she was 5. . .sigh); We can't wait to come!!!! XOXO

Paige Nelson said...

Aw I love this! I love your girls even more now that I know they do ballet! They are so adorable. Sadie's little pose cracks me up! haha Dance recitals are so fun.

p.s. The picture of Luke and your husband watching the fountains on the post below is the cutest thing I've ever seen...it needs to be in magazine or something.

Jessica said...

They are beautiful! They look like sweet little fairies- like they can do no wrong! But we know better than that! :)

Kjrsten said...

girls in pink tutus are irresitible!

Jewels said...

I just might be DYING over those pictures right now. Seriously. Watch out for thievery. I just may have to post about this, they look SO cute! I love them. Hmm, maybe Cody and I need to come down to see the recital, too...