Friday, May 29, 2009

As Schrute Would Say... "Question : "

Do any of you do this?
(I know, first the compost, now this. Next, it's no shaving...)
Do any of you really have a plethora of reusable bags for your grocery trippage? I like the idea of saving some plastic trees (good)... I also see myself in the check out line cursing because I left my eco-bag bunch in the car (bad). Again (idiot). Yet I recycle the store ones, so I am being a responsible consumer, right? (good?) IknowIknow, that's still wasting (bad). But could I still practice my super-human finger strength and knit six bags handles in each of my fingers (milk weight included, baby!) from the car to kitchen using these? I mean, I have practiced that for, like, ever. (So boss)
I have reusable bags for smaller shop trips like the occasional Trader Joes/Whole Foods visit and remember to use them there because I feel like such a felon when the W.F. checker gives me a shameful look under her dreadlocks...
But seriously. I want to know your thoughts on this and if it's a good plan. Cuz if I do it, I dig these simple, modern and well designed pretties. Plus, they are priced well. For as many I would probably by, $7 a bag sounds down right decent. Am I off? Advise me, wise shoppers!

7 comments:

- Tracy said...

I always forget mine in the car, always!

Jewels said...

Same! I always think of bringing my huge Ikea bags to the store with me, but I never remember. Maybe if I stored them on my front seat I would see them as I'm exiting the car. I think these bags are a great idea - I'll even split the cost with you if you want to buy 7. I'm digging the green bag with the light blue strap...

Michele said...

Cute blog Andrea!
I can't help you. I have the same problem. I even keep my Fresh & Easy bags in the front seat with me and I still forget. Sometimes I will send Kennerley out to get them while I am checking out. I say save your money for a vinyl cutter. :)

Erica said...

About 50% of the time I remember to use them, and those are days I feel better about myself:) I'd split the cost with you and Jewels, if that's not spreading the colors to thin.

Jessica said...

Under her dreadlocks.... I'm still laughing! I'm in the same boat with these reusable bags. My friend does it and says it is great! I also like those bags you found. Maybe we should go forward together?

Tayva said...

Oh, dear! I use plastic even at the Sunflower Market. They probably talk about me after I leave! My IKEA bags don't even make it to the car. . .is there forgiveness out there for women like me? I want to do better, I really truly do---if I buy the bags, will I change?

anna said...

i never remember mine since i mostly stop at the store on the way home from some outing. i tend to use them for lunches and junk i lug to the parks. ha! i saw something on the news about how many bacterias they carry. so, i don't know. save a tree and collect germs.

those are so cute i might just use them for more junk lugging around town. too cute for groceries.