Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Final May Weekend

WOW! Survived the month of May. Goodness knows it was a doozy. My calendar is so scribbled over with things that turning to an empty June was divine. Well, sort of empty. Still have my brothers wedding AND the darn Wasatch Back beast. I'm so over the running.... only a couple of weeks left to go.
My parents came into town again over the weekend for business. They didn't stay with us this time so I felt the lack of company, but it was great to see them when we could. I was able to shop with my Mom on Saturday, looking for wedding threads. Didn't happen. Because, as you know, when you look for something, you don't find it. Really great to hang with my Mom, though, so who cares. Love you mumsies....
We also attended the long anticipated Animal Collective show with our friends.
It was bound to happen, you see....after so many fabulous shows, to attend one that was less than interesting. Such a bummer. Their songs are so atmospheric and large, so layered and happy. And yes, at times the over mixing can last too long, but when they pull all the sonic microns together, it's a burst of rainbow fun. I was looking forward some awesome moments live. The funny crowd and lack of excitement was not about to ruin our night, though... we giggled through the obnoxiousness and had some great laughs over Sonic cherry-limeades (LOVE that ice, eh?). That will really get the giggles going at 11 pm... :)
Now this week of big events! Last day of school and Girl Next Door on Friday. Probably won't have much time to blog for a few days as I my office space is already a disaster with projects. And before leaving last night, my Dad assisted me in getting my table/chop saws a working. Chuckle chuckle.

No comments: