Wednesday, June 17, 2009

R & R

Richard and Randi are official!
Friday they got married and it was such a great day. Richard has waited so long and finally found a wonderful girl to be with forevs. And look at the little thing! So beautiful. She is so great and I am really happy she is part of our family.
Since all the festivities were happening in SLC and Bountiful, we decided to go sans kids. It was a toss up but was a better decision in the end. We flew in that morning and met everyone at the temple. I love that part. I love walking in that waiting room and seeing Aunts and Uncles, friends and family, all for such a great event. And luckily, no rain that day (I guess Utar has had a lot of it lately). Awww, aren't they ceeeuuute?
After some family photos outside and fun chats with the famulee, we split our different ways before the reception. Time to put on our colored clothing (No, I never did find anything but luckily I had orange shoes, so hurrah) and hang out! Scott and I made a quick stop in Layton to visit his brothers Skate/Snowboard shop which looks great. Don't know when we would have made it up there otherwise so I'm glad we had time to stop in. Then we hurried up to the house.
The reception was great. Beautiful weather, fun people and soft serve. :) Seriously though... mini cones? Right there? As many as I want? = Bad.
This is probably the first reception where things actually ended on time (Hmmm... think they were in a hurry to get somewhere?). Around 8pm they cut the cake, politely fed each other a piece, tossed the bouquet, etc. And soon they were walking around to the front of the house where Richard had to de-coccoon his car. Earlier we watched a few of his friends go to town writing and wrapping, so it was fun to watch R & R tear it all apart. And boom- right at 8:30 pm, they were off to Park City!
It was such a wonderful day. I am so glad we were able to go and be part of it. Rich and Randi, we love you guys and are looking forward to lots of future fun! Welcome to the family, Rand!














2 comments:

Jessica said...

I love that picture of Graham. You captured him mid-bite! I want you to post about Ragnar... I keep checking your blog!

Kjrsten said...

CUTE SHOES ALL AROUND! Got a cute day pic for me from this day?!