Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Saturday- Brian Regan

After a hard day in the Subway, we weren't up for much on Friday night. Scott left to go meet up with Luke at the Father/Sons and we all hung around the house for dinner, visited for a while (Johns family was very forthcoming on some interesting stories regarding his past:)), got some frozen custard and went to bed.
Saturday was nice and relaxing. Us girls did some shopping. Those Tingey gals know some good haunts and I obtained some great treasures, esp. something awesome for Rich & Randi's wedding. After some lunch and secret-location yummy cookies, we got ready to head to Bri-ohn!
The show was held at Tuacahn, which I have never been to. It's a beautiful venue and the weather was absolutely perfect for a night out like this. We ran into a few other friends among the crowd before the show which was fun, I threw all logic out the window and bought some nachos with the oozy cheese (delightful) and we headed down to our seats whilst Coldplay was playing. Ah yes- I think they have become the official band-before-the-show-starts music. Have you noticed this? Pay attention. Betcha within the year you'll go to something and they'll be playing Coldplay. Anyway...as I was, um, focused on the subject at hand...
The comedy was great. He had a lot of new material which succeeded in giving me cheek cramps (upper cheek cramps, silly). A lot to go through for a short weekend but very fun and worth it.
The next day was Mothers Day and we didn't want to miss that, so Scott and I headed home after the Regan show. We were sooo tired! It was during this fatigued drive that Scott told me he didn't do anything for me for Mothers Day. These are good male tactics.... I was too tired to care and it made the day like any other since I knew not to expect anything. :)
(Should I remember this for his upcoming Birthday?)
We had a really great time with such special and great friends. I am thankful for the chance we had to do this and to be SAFE, and grateful for the loving friends/family who cared for our kids while we went. May weekend #1 done! Three more crazy ones to go..... hang on

No comments: