Monday, August 30, 2010

Dear Adonna

We returned from CA and began to settle into routine when my Mom called me on Tuesday afternoon to inform me that my beautiful Grandmother had passed away. She was the last surviving Grandparent that I had after my Grandfather died almost two years before.
We packed back up again and left on Friday night to attend her funeral Saturday.
My Grandmother has always been such a lady (hence her requested title). So fun and vibrant and quick witted. She loved travel and art and life. She raised 9 children among other wonderful accomplishments. We will miss her but I can't help but feel so happy for her. She is with her best friend and husband now and must be so happy to be home. And what a legacy she has left! I grew up with so many cousins, fun aunts and uncles and family events. The chapel was full of most of them and many many friends who cared for her. I am honored to come from this family. I look forward to the better times we'll have ahead when we see her again.
On this last trip to Utah we attended the regular Friday family lunch where she was always there, no matter how she was feeling, looking her best. Now I'm especially glad we made that trip so I could visit with her that one last time.

1 comment:

Jewels said...

Aw, I love that picture of Grandmother with your kids and her sassy hair...what a dish. Great post!