Thursday, August 26, 2010

Yoot in August

So August came and it was mostly open. I decided to cram in two remaining summer trips that I wanted to take with the kids. One of which was back up to UT for some relaxing time with cousins and family.
I spent a shopping/lunching day with my Mom, Juls & Jess (no Randi due to school- wah), went on some bike rides and hung out with my parents mostly. It was really nice to slow down.
A little.
Because we found time to fit in a Halloween craft! Cool old looking candy sticks (instructions in Academe if interested). They were really easy and fun. I want to make some for Christmas next. Also, my Dad has had a spot welder that he let me try out so I made this little bike. What a cool gadget that is! Um... Dad... can I borrow that for a while?
I made some other things I'll eventually get posted.
I realized that, as nice as it was to fit in another trip, I missed not having Scott with me. I don't know if it's because the kids are getting older or what... because as babies the break was always nice, but now it's noticeable that our family is not quite complete when he's not there. Don't get me wrong- it was still nice. :) But I also appreciated noticing that feeling. That we are becoming a growing, close family. We missed you Dad!


1 comment:

Randi Patch said...

I am sad I missed out on food, shopping, and fun crafting! I am almost done though, and next summer, we can play lots!