Monday, February 9, 2009

Sistrogen

My Sister called me about a week ago and said that she, along with my sis-in-law, thought it would be great to get away and come visit me in sunny Las Vegas. After two days of pressure and coordination, everyone was able to come: Mom, Julia, Jess and Randi (Rich's fab beau). I was more than happy to have them come but we did have a week stacked with various things but, hey- why not. So come they did and we had a great time. We crammed a lot around the few things that needed to be done and it was wonderful to be visitED (as I usually go to them with kids in tow). They all arrived late Thursday night so Friday and Saturday were filled with very important things: shopping, eating, discussing serious matters over lunch (as you can see), computer tutorials and new blog banner designs, pedicures and crafting. Jess and I even squoze in a quick morning run on Saturday so she could see and smell all the goodness of Red Rock. I've been exploring some new trails and we found yet another. I wore my Star Trek captain vest to instill authority (I think it worked. Jess had no idea that I didn't know where I was going. Ha!)
We were determined to get in some craft time so we busted out a project I had around 10pm on Saturday night. Bad idea, people. I mean, the giggles are ripe and ready to harvest, but it is apparent that judgement tapers and things take on interesting form. Still, everyone created a pretty cool Vday box so we got our fix. (Also posted in AcadeMe)
I love my family and it was really fun to have them all come and hang out. Thanks, girls for coming! I had a great time!

Here are Randi and Jess concentrating very hard on the next steps..... I can neither confirm nor deny if any swear words were uttered.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

You are too funny! Especially with your star trek bit and the swearing! Thanks for having us. It really was a much needed weekend! Love you!

Jewels said...

Oooh, it was so much fun! Next time I come down we're running up to Red Rock for sure, it looks so pretty. Thanks for hosting us! Love you, love you.