Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Summer Happiness

Summer is here, folks. That means kids are out of school and mothers across the land are descending rapidly into panic. (Just me?) My creative ideas have run out very fast. We've been swimming, coloring, painting, to the park, to the library, to a movie, run interesting errands,... and it's only been a couple of weeks.
Cue Mary Jane to the rescue! She came over the other day to deliver a little summer survival bag that contained some new snow-cone flavors, foam craft kits and more. It could not have come at a better time. Thank you so much, Mimi!
We all sat around together and assembled the kids kits. Elliet and Sadie had castles, Luke had a barn. It was interesting to watch Elliet decide to not follow the picture and take it her own direction. Sadie was sticking all her accessories on the table instead of the turrets and Luke was putting trees on the roof. But who cares! It was really fun. Don't tell the kids but I was tempted to put a tall princess hat on Princess Sophia and see her explore the castles. Animal cruelty, I know! When Elliet was done she kept going on and on about how she was a giant. This should explain her triumphant picture.

And then I had to include this photo because I thought it was funny. Elliet came downstairs and asked me what she was. Can you guess? I thought it was a pretty clever conclusion from a hat and a veil. (She actually called it a "Bee-man Keeper"

2 comments:

Jewels said...

K...I actually assembled the barn that Luke has...and it took me about 3 weeks.

melissa said...

haha! Elliet totally looks like a mini-Andrea in the giant picture! Love her face!