Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Princess Sophia

Scott had a few days off around Memorial day weekend. We talked about going away for a couple of days and asked Jeannine, our good friend and pseudo-aunt to the kids if she would like to babysit. She was able and willing so Scott and I spent some time together and left the kids in her loving care.
Jeannine is the coolest. She does so many fun things with them that they don't miss us one bit. This weekend was specifically special. They went to the pet store and came home with a Hamster, which they matter-of-factly named Princess Sophia. I have no idea where they got that name but they have loved her from day one. Especially the twins. Sadie always says in her high pitched voice, "Princess Sophia is seeeoooo ceeeuute, Mom, because she is sooooo teeeeny tiny!" or they will be really quiet for a while and I'll discover that they opened the cage without asking and Luke will have her wrapped up in his shirt like she's a sausage. I can't help but wonder what fate holds for this poor creature. Is it dark of me to wonder how her little life will end in this house under our care? Will the kids let her 'swim' in the pool one day? Will they drop her from the 2nd floor so she can 'fly'? Hm. I wait. Last week, though, I did hear them having too much fun and found... from what I gather in scared truth.... that Sadie was actually throwing her against the door. When I picked up little Princess Sophia, she was not moving. Dare I say I thought it was the end. But she is still alive! It's a miracle. I don't know if she's running on all cylinders, but only time will tell.

1 comment:

Jackie said...

My friend Chanel has a really funny story about the life of their hamster. Try this link...
http://splendid-chaos.blogspot.com/2007/04/miracle-diamond.html
Or from my blog you can get to hers and search Hamster then a little way down you'll see the post "The Miracle Diamond". It is hilarious.