Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Fixed

The last Friday of the month there is a critical mass ride down town. The group meets at the Fashion Show Mall and ride along Las Vegas Boulevard and back. Our good friend, David, went the month before and was telling us how much fun he had. Since Richard was already caught with the 'Fixie' sensation, we told him about the ride and he came to Vegas for the weekend to go with us in May.
So the day finally came and Scott, Rich and I loaded our bikes and headed down to the mall. We parked, unloaded everything and headed for the meeting spot when my tire popped and I got a flat. Nice. David showed up right then to save the day and changed it for me. My hero! We discovered that the tires don't really fit the wheels so we deflated some of the air in them both and I crossed my fingers the rest of the night hoping it wouldn't happen again. And it didn't. Whew!
But it was so fun. We met under the pink lights of the blaring iPod ads and watched the cycling crowd slowly form. You can tell it's not a very organized event because I think we were hanging out down there for a good hour and a half before the ride actually started. But start it did! And we cruised along in a huge group up the strip, passing the crowds of pedestrians on the sidewalks and sang to the Bellagio fountains as we rolled by. It was soooo fun and we had perfect weather. There were some adventures involving angry police, hiding from the law and recovering possibly stolen goods but it made the memories better and after some late night sushi, we were happy and ready to do it again!!
Anyone interested in going this month? :-)


1 comment:

Jewels said...

No way! What a rad thing! I wanna I wanna!