Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Graduation 2008

I promise this will stop. I have been so inconsistent with my blogging and every time I go to download photos from my camera I am reminded at how behind I am. I feel like I have had 10 days of constant goings-on and this week will be filled with catching up. The blog will reprezent so stay tuned.
This post: Graduation! Not a huge deal because the kids are wee lads but still fun because they get paraded around so. The twins had a little ceremony from Ms. Jamie. Let me tell you how this went down. I show up with the other parents 30 minutes before school time ends. They have rehearsed a little program for weeks including songs and jokes, poems, etc. So whose kids decide they do not want to do the program? That's right. So I watched the other kids graduate while I held Sadie in my lap and Lucas whining at my ankles. It was great fun. When the time came to receive their certificate, Sadie at least did that... so I got her wearing her hand print pillowcase with her teacher. Luke would have nothing to do with it, yelled at me and sat behind the kids picking his nose. Awesome. Super great for 2008!

The next day was Elliet's program at school. They had a wild animal theme and came out on the stage with painted faces. So funny. She looked about this enthusiastic throughout the whole thing but had great dance moves to accompany the lyrics. I'd post the video but know that would probably only interest a very narrow audience. My parents and brother were in town this past weekend and it worked out to have both Grandma's present (and Uncle Rich!). My Mom doesn't get a chance to see Elliet in action at school so it was fun to have her here to attend. After the singing they had a raffle, food and this great balloon-animal man making anything and everything. Um, yeah- balloon animals are the bomb. Don't you think you'd have to be pretty good to ask a kid what they want?? If it were me, I'd be standing there in my funny hat wearing my tool belt with three balloon color choices and I would look at the kid in the front of the line and say, "Alright. Here's how this works. I can make you a snake, a wiggly snake, or a stick. What's it gonna be?"
I mean, they were throwing everything at this guy: Elmo, flower, elephant, tiger, Eiffel Tower!!! Okay not really that last one but I almost said that.
It was a fun year of school! Little do they know this is just the beginning.... :-)

4 comments:

Jewels said...

Yay! School's out! I'm sure it was craziness, but reading this made me sort of excited for my kids to be doing school stuff. Until the nose picking starts...

Jessica said...

You and Meg should talk! She had a great graduation story too!

Stephanie said...

Sounds like a fun celebration! That would have been Isaac around my legs in a similar situation, nose picking and everything. We saw your mom's name during the end credits of the Emma Smith movie and just barely figured out that she was Lucy. That's pretty amazing!
We need to get together this summer and play!

melissa said...

Did you know Matt does balloon animals? Yup...all through high school. I'm not gonna lie...one time he made a life-size Darth Vader, or something like that. Pretty rad.