Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Fringe

This post is going to be all over the place. As I was removing all the pics off my phone and camera, I forgot I had these to share so I have thrown them all together in one post. Enjoy the scattered experiences. :)
This first one is what I found on the kids marker board the other night. Sadie had written Elliet such a sweet message and placed this by her door so she would wake up and find it. The next morning Elliet found it alright. Her corrections are in blue.

I had some extra phyllo dough in my fridge so I made up some quick apple pie filling and tried this technique with my mandolin. It was super easy and fast and the texture was fun so I wanted to share. Just wash the apple and slide it right on through. You can see I didn't even peel them. Add a little lemon juice, cinnamon, fresh nutmeg and sugar (I tried Agave nectar and it was great) and throw them in some kind of crust and bake. Mm-mm!

A few weeks ago TENNIS came to Vegas and played for free! S and I made a fun date night out of it. They are an awesome band if you want something beachy and fun to get you in the mood for summer approaching.

Beautiful sunset at Luke's soccer practice. I will never get enough of this large desert sky.

Here's another awesome sky photo I took a while back. One night I was driving home and could not stop gaping at this long, fat cloud hovering over downtown. It was so orange underneath with a crisp white line up by the moon. Beautiful! I didn't have my camera so I had to use my phone. It's not the best photo but it gives you an idea.

Thanks to a sweet online deal, a group of friends and I went to a local spa across the valley at the Lakes. We stayed overnight in this beautiful villa and this was the view when we woke up. I love that lime green color of new leaves each spring.

4 comments:

Jewels said...

You live in an cooler place than I do. And you probably proof-read a love not I wrote to you when we were little.

Tayva said...

That corrected love letter was hilarious! Thanks for the beautiful desert skies; I'm homesick when I see them. XOXO

Amy said...

Elliet is after my heart. I didn't know I needed to loan her some of our purple pens we use to grade. Lovely.

oh snap said...

I'm laughing hard at Elliet's corrections. Awesome