Monday, September 27, 2010

Lotoja 2010

Lotoja this year was great fun.
I actually forgot my camera so you'll have to enjoy pics from the phone for these memories. And not many at that! I am getting lazy in my memory keeping me thinks.
This trip we tried more new things. A highlight of which was our stay at the Anniversary Inn in Logan. This place had different themed rooms and Scott and I were in the "Lost In Space" room. It was a riot. Black lights lit up the space wall murals everywhere and we had the coolest toilet EVER. It's the big, chrome pillar you see here with a door. While within the 'transport', you are encompassed with dials and blinking lights. That night after dinner we had a room tour and visited everyone's different themed rooms. We started with a European Vacation and then went Under The Sea (WOW- we got some good stories on that one- the bed was a boat) and finished with an Arctic Adventure. What a way to kick of the race!
The next morning we were up early to begin the race. I did a leg with some other friends so I took off before our group. I thought it would be freezing but it was perfect and I felt good throughout. This is the second time I have done the first leg of the race and love it because it's flat and fast.
Then the caravan of the day, following each team mate along and whooping from the car. We were lucky to have beautiful weather all day. Other than some traffic frustrations, we didn't encounter any problems and all were safe and well. The guys made great time and came in 6th place this year. Movin' up!
After the race, we all checked in to our (awesome!) hotel and then ate one of the most delicious meals we've had yet on these trips at Osteria. YUM.
Most everyone in our group had to head back after breakfast the next morning except for Rich & Randi so we hung out with them all day relaxing in Jackson. Then Monday we headed back to Provo. One of our good friends and relay team members, Shep, had an open house for his new salon space that evening so we were happy to be in town to attend that, followed by some Thai with R&R.
Scott and I had a nice bike ride the next morning and I gasped when I looked up and saw all the colorful trees. So beautiful! Then we met my parents for lunch before going home.
I love spending this weekend with Scott as we drive, being with great friends and family, making new memories and enjoying the beauty up there. Another great summer end cap!




No comments: