Sunday, September 5, 2010

Cool Crew


Ah. Fall Fashion.
There I was. In my kitchen, going through my stack of put off mail and came to the latest Jcrew. Sweet. As usual, things I loved and in great colors. But also pages that beg the question, "What the...?". I thought it would be fun to share my inner dialogue with you. Luckeeee!
My latest catalog review of a brand that has been with me since Jr. High (ordering men's polo & rugby shirts - obviously I'm not much of a feminine, frilly girl).
It's classic, modern and inspiring. And as with all things fashion, sometimes wacky.
Let's begin, shall weeee?
Class, you may open your textbooks.
I really liked the textures in the first few pages- the satins and wool... but stopped at my first 'what-the'. This scarf thing looks like a shaggy poodle. Pardon me- it's called a 'Mongolian Lamb Stole'. Can you see me wearing that when I pick up my kids at school? Hmm.... I ... don't... know..... I think I'll pass.

Few more pages in and stopped at the Cashmere section. Woot! They are making cashmere hoodies again! And the colors are fab. Now I just need to rob a bank.
PS- I want to brave this look of rolled hems. But not so sure about it with the oxford flats. I can't help but think she looks like she's going to break out and sing something from Newsies.

OK. This thing. This weird, collared "popover" thing. It's reversible. It's different. It's... kind of cool. It's also a freaking $1,200. What??!?! Um. PASS. I do love her slim trousers, though.

Speaking of slim trousers, these are awesome. I love the boots, too. They've had great shoes lately. Erg! (Pass on the cat coat. Achoo! Sorry, just not seeing it)

And slim trousahs with booties and wooly socks? I like it. Still am not convinced on the socks and heeled sandals thing, but this is fly.

Speaking of slim, this model needs some food, stat. Look at her thighs! She's gonna snap in half.

Ah. The classic hop-kick Jcrew pose. This ensemble is adorable. Anyone heard of MiH jeans? The marketing is working on me. If I can look like her, I'll try'em. That color of blue is great.

Ok. WOW. Seriously. SERIOUSLY?? You have got to be kidding. And what is that? lipstick eye black?

And enter the mens section. Yummers. Josh in jcrack threads? Include the entire photo shoot. He is almost, almost, as cute as my husband. :) I don't know about you but whenever I see his face, I think "Fergie? Really?"
Katie's beauty does not make those pants looks any better.

Insert record scratching sound.
The indie beard/stache/long hair thing? Yuck. It was never sexy. No matter how much I LOVE Grizzly Bear. Want to test this theory? There are pictures of Josh Duhamel and then this. Flip back and forth. Back. And forth. Which one is gettin' the chicks. There is nothing to think over. The clippers are over there.

Jcrew are selling some awesome guys shoes, IMO. I have a firm testimony that shoes tell the man. And right now he has some great help. The Indy boots, the Redwings, the chukka's, the Sperry's... any of them. Plus, plus, plus.
Maybe it's just a young look, but on the right guy this slim, rolled-leg look is, um, a good thing.

Well, I hope you all had as good of a time as I did. Do chime in if you agree or disagree.

5 comments:

Yennigirl said...

Oh my goodness. That was great. I agree with almost everything you said, and it was hilarious. But man, JC is different than when I used to shop it! I love the last picture, it reminds me of my "glory days" when men were real men before the heroine addict look was vogue. Yes, I know 99% disagree with me. Oh well. I am old.

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh..."Fergie Really?"...my thoughts exactly! Every. Time.

La La Land said...

Where do I begin? Okay...Fergie, I know, I think it every time. Next up, I saw a sneak peak of this photo shoot with Katie and Josh and was on the edge of my seat for MONTHS waiting to see the whole thing. She's a huge JCrew fan, so she instigated the shoot. That's about the only thing I envy of her. I actually love a big beard...a tamed and trimmed big beard. And lastly, and please don't kill me, but I own a black fur stole and I LOVE it. Looks great with my black tweed trench coat when it is -40 out side. There, I admitted it.

Megan said...

Amen Andrea--and thanks for the butt kicking on WWF! Totally agree--JCrew had me at hello on some items, but the glorified boa and the glitter pajama pants were so weird. Not sure why it was on Jenna's pics.

Kjrsten said...

holy freak! I love you. lets hang out (in real life) soon!