Tuesday, September 28, 2010

FunFunFun

September is going out with a bang. These last two weeks we've had day to day things happening. Some normal/ boring stuff, some fun/seasonal stuff, and some exciting/lucky stuff.
From the Fun/Seasonal category last week: Interbike. Always a candy store to walk around and check out. I still love all the color that is blooming. Even Neon bikes!
From the Exciting/Lucky category: Phoenix passed through town so we went with some friends. I was just as excited to see Neon Indian open but they were a little anti climactic - what you'd expect from chill wave, I guess. They did don a guitar that lit up (see pic) so they get points for that. But Phoenix sounded AMAZING and they played a good mix of old and new. We'd never been to the Palms before and that venue was smaller than I thought- so double bonus.
Also last week was book club. This month we read The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton. I enjoyed the book a great deal and highly recommend it. The food theme was anything 'fall' flavors but the night before I had a vision to make meringue mushrooms and that is where my Thursday went. Making this darn cake. Actually, the mushrooms were the easy part- it was fitting in a homemade cake as well that took more time. I am so starved for creative windows that when I find a reason to require it, I have no self control. This was way fun to do. It is a little brown and blah but I did not have the energy to make green frosting and pipe grass knolls around. Take it to the next level, readers! You can do it.
Now we have more fun and music around the corner.... Yippee!

2 comments:

Randi Patch said...

haha.. I love your cake! You will have to show me how to make the mushrooms. I was maybe going to make a chocolate cake tonight for a friend, and this totally motivated me!

anna said...

looks deliciously dirty!