Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Halloween!

Hooray for Halloween! It is so fun. The costumes, the pumpkins (I just realized I didn't take any pics of the night we did that-probably because I was the gloop scooper), the music, the movies, the anticipation... the kids are really getting into it which makes holidays the best ever. We had a kids party planned that afternoon and I have to say, I was getting partied out. After that full week of parties (school and otherwise), I didn't have the motivation to do one more thing...like the cupcakes I was in charge of and didn't do. Luckily the friend I planned it with felt the same so we ended up doing a couple of chill games with the kids and just hung out. Then it was off with Jess to the grocery store to make chili and cornbread and get ready to trick-or-treat!
We could not have asked for a better, more temperate evening. It was a perfect 75 or so degrees out and calm. We set out around the neighborhood with Scotts parents and caught the Lords doing their rounds as well so all of us tromped around together. The kids looked so cute in all their costumes running through the orange lit sidewalks in the night... I loved it! Kids make this stuff better than anything else.
We got home, gorged on some candy, sent the kids to bed and the four of us stayed up to watch Mission Impossible 3 on TV. Nice. Hope you all had a great Halloween!
*Could my nephew Graham be any more cute!?!



1 comment:

Tayva said...

Loved reading these last two posts and looking forward to all the Halloween news. And just for the record? Your kids will make Halloween the best for all of your life, always. XO