Monday, July 27, 2009

More UT

I know this doesn't interest many and, quite frankly, I probably won't need to remember much of this week because it was full of what summer vacay's are all about: relaxing and fun nonsense. But there are some things to note so I will do so briefly and to the point.
#1: Taxidermy is the shizzle. Thought about going to the zoo but guess what. It's HOT and I didn't feel like tromping around in the sun and 90 degree temps so instead Jess and I went to the classic Monte L. Bean museum. Dude. This thing has been around since I was a kid and I swear it has hardly changed. Air conditioned, FREE, animals are up close and there were lots of bugs. Luke was in heaven. (I also discovered that you can have a similar experience at Cabella's)
#2: For some reason the kids were very interested in the potato bugs in the front yard and occupied much of the week gathering personal collections in glass jars. They also gave them dirt, leaves and petals to make them "happy". Then my dad fed them to his birds. (yes, in front of the children)
#3: The neighbors disc rope swing. Hazardous, yes. Therefore, thrilling. Esp. when a car could come down the drive at any moment.
#4: Park City. Jess encouraged us adults to spend an evening doing something different and suggested PC. First we rode the scout up there which was a great suggestion because it was amazing to drive up the Provo Canyon without a roof above. Beautiful views. Of course, I neglected to get pics of this and only snapped this one of me in the rear view, hair whipping in my face. You should try it sometime. Then we ate and drove up to the Park City Mountain Resort and rode the new Alpine Coaster which was really fun. Unlike the slide that can whip off the track, this will not and it jerks you all around. Here I am riding up the track. That big bulb thing at the top is where you turn and begin coasting down super duper fast. Right before I arrived up there, I caught Marty on my right, on the brakes, creating space (from my parents in front of him) so he could let the dogs out and howl down. It was so fun but spensy @ $20 a pop but I now see why you should not eat for the month and spend that food budget on the unlimited $60 pass and go over and over. You may toss your cookies anyway, so why waste that on food? Give it a whirl!
So this wasn't that brief. Sorry. Sort of. Thanks Fams for the fun times!
**I should note that Scott had so many plates of things to juggle + scout camp so I took this tiny trip by me lonesome. So sad, yes- shed tears. I missed me mate. But he survived just fine. He had Le Tour!




5 comments:

anna said...

i used to drive my jeep up parley's canyon just for fun... i love it so much! {dork, i know}

p.s. cute sandals. where? what?

Bryan Crew said...

cute shoes

Kjrsten said...

(retraction: Before when I said sisters in lion I meant sisters in zion.)

Now on to other things... 1)the sandals on the alpine slide! RAD! who makes them and where did you get them!

2) Jcrew, love them, but... ewwww. not down with their styling in the 2nd set of pics AT all, and the idea of socks with heels can be cute (see the cherry blossom girl for more info : http://www.thecherryblossomgirl.com/shoes/?pid=1531#picture )

3) the scouts... still making me weak in the knees!

4) our relay team name...
Dude, where's my Van?
Some A-TEAM VAN graphics on our T's should be fitting! No?

Andrea said...

Anna-not dorky. :)
SHOES: Last year- Sam Edelman. She made a heel version this year called the "Nilla" and a close second called the "Glada". Can see them on the Nordstrom website.
And that pics of socks/shoes is better. :)

Jewels said...

I love that ride in PC. It makes me scream like a banshee everytime, but it's SO much fun. I can't wait to see you on Tuesday!!