Wednesday, July 15, 2009

July In Provo

Since we celebrated the 4th at home, we tossed many ideas around of what to do with the week we had free after the holiday. It still came down to going up to visit family and friends in Utah. It is so beautiful up there this time of year and we had fun filling in our days with impromptu fun.
These are some of the things we did WITHOUT the kids:
Bike rides. Mix and match the participants and days.... we rode with Rich, Shep and Jess up the beautiful Provo canyon to different routes. No matter which end point we head to, we usually ride the trail up and I LOVE IT. It's deeply shaded, along the river and so pretty. And if you're really lucky, you'll get a tasty gnat breakfast when you smile big like. As Richard grumbled when we rode through earlier in the week: "You must speak Elvish in these woods! On to Mordor!" I ate some from laughing out loud to that.
























One night a few of us hopped in a scout and went for ice cream and a DVD. Is anything more summer than a drive at 9pm with the sky still violet from a sunset, orange street lights and warm breeze? Yes - doing it with your favorite people. Fams!













Thursday night in SLC they have a free concert series going on for a few weeks. Last week when we were there, the performers were Jenny Lewis and Bon Iver. NICE! Rich & Randi, Marty & Jess, Scott & I all hit the town for some Thai, fun outdoor tunes and people watching. It was too crowded to see anything so we snagged a shady spot under the trees. Nothing like some pretty Bon Iver on a cool summer evening.... if you can hear it. So we split and got some fresh strawberry shakes and fries at Hires. The plus: everyone got to hear when Scott laughs so hard he sounds like he's crying.
We also celebrated Cody's Birthday and got in some Halloween shopping. Um, yeah!? Remember my friends? This is the month it all comes out! But there wasn't much up yet so hopefully I'll find more when we go back in a few days. Yes. Back. Yippee-I-yay.


5 comments:

La La Land said...

Great photos. Wish I could run into you some day in UT!

Yennigirl said...

I would be really jealous of all your Utah time, thank goodness we get up there next month! I'm glad you get to see your family so much!

Randi Patch said...

Sweriously, how great of a weekend was that!? I can't wait for you guys to come up again next weekend! Loves!

- Tracy said...

Man, I need to get my butt on my bike so I can enjoy a gnat breakfast with you guys!

Kjrsten said...

BONE IVER!!! FOR FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE?! SOUNDS GOOD TO MEEEEEEEEEEEEEE?! (Hope you have seen bed time stories!) SWEET MERCY! Did you love them? I did, and I had to pay too!