Monday, October 6, 2008

Hunt For My October

Where has it gone? Another week with no posting (gasp!). Been busy busy. October has filled up quickly and I know things won't slow down again until January. Crazy to think that even thought it is so far away, it is right around the corner. A new year, new goals, etc. I am already motivated to turn over some new leaves and try some exciting things...maybe that is what new year goals are for...from the motivation from Fall. No? Oh.
Aside from normal routine this past week of school and such, I prepped for our fall family trip to Newport. We came last Fall when we brought the kids to Disneyland for the first time. It was such a perfect time of year to do it so we planned this months ago and are doing it again. Scott was off on Friday (and Elliet out of school- lucky us!) so we each took turns taking a nice bike ride, packed the car and headed off to L.A. We stayed Friday night with some great friends of ours and let the kids play for hours while we ordered take out and caught up on things. They are so fab. A couple of weeks ago Scott surprised me by buying concert tickets for a show on that same night, which cut into our chat time, but hooray for the Hills! They didn't mind us taking off and putting all the kiddies to bed (yes, we asked them ahead of time). Now, I won't bore you with a super long descrip about a random show to most of you, but I must divulge some. It's music! It's warm and fuzzy to my heart and I know most understand a truly great concert... this was one of those. It was small, it was dark, it sounded great and it was off da hook! The place was packed with a rad crowd who all enjoyed the music and danced in harmony. We were all so wet... my clothes were seriously soaked through. Scott was right there singing and jumping with me. I was so proud! Click the pic to get a scooby snack taste of the greatness. And yes, everyone was jumping like that. I was literally laughing at how fun. Ah, to be pretend to be a youth again. But we are old because I was beat when it was over. The next morning we hung out until lunchtime and took off. We arrived in "Newps" and have been soaking it up. The weather is nice, our place has a sweet ocean view (good) and I already have a sunburn (not so good). We still have a couple of days before returning home so more to come on the Zoo, Dland, Beach, etc. Let the games of October begin with crazy jetsetting, more live shows and festive fun.
And random thoughts on my mind: the best way to Paper Maché (see my art blog to find out why) and I want to use old maps so I have to find those...., Halloween costumes (what are YOU going to be?) and getting my act together for Girl Next Door in November. Yikes! I need to crank out some product!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I want to come to Newport! Should Marty, Graham and I join you? Just so you know Marty and I went on a bike ride last night and we had a funny problems with the gears! We are nerds, but it was so fun! My butt-bones are so so so sore this morning!

oh snap said...

I'm sick about missing a show like that. Sick. You are true fans.