Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Fly By Night












As you know I went back to Utah for a couple of days (sans fam) and got to participate in some seasonal fun. I drove up late Wednesday night, too late to attend Rich's Bday Party in SLC (Sorry Rich!) but did have my own party in the car listening to old cd's. One must pull out Rush every now and then and sing loudly (for the sake of dignity, I recommend this when you are alone). Thursday morning after some Cross Fit arse kicking with Cody, I shopped with my Mom and Sister, ate fudge (not usually a fan but get it at TaiPan) and prepared for Graham's first Birthday/Halloween party that evening. My Mom had her house all decked out (you think I have a lot of stuff? Not so.), we got the food ready, threw on our costumes and had a great time. Look at all the work Jess put into their costumes. If you haven't seen Young Frankenstein, it may not make sense (and shame on you! Go rent it). Way funny- Jess even held a candle to say 'Put zee candle...BECK!'. Graham was SO cute and was a great trooper with all the craziness.
Friday Jess and I went on a nice walk that morning in the beautiful Fall air. I really needed the talk we had and love her so much! The rest of the day was spent mostly with her and my Mom... so nice. That night we saw Julia's play in PG where she stole the show and did a great job. It's called 'Blithe Spirit' and she plays a dead wife that returns to haunt her widowed husband and his new wife. It was a quick trip but always so nice to see my family.
Now, one thing I must record before ending this post. It is not just the women in my family. No no no. My Dad is just as clever when it comes to Halloween and he has his own fixation. A few years ago he put up a ghost line that would quietly run a ghost flying across our yard. Well, it has now grown to many ghosts that fly a much larger route to a neighbors roof, across the street, around a street light and back to the house. It's quite a range! And successfully spooky because you can't hear them AT ALL, no motor or anything and all you see are these slow, silent floating ghosts. Occasionaly they will rustle through the trees and surprise you. Veerry cool. I love it. Dad? That is what I want for Christmas. That and immunity letters from my community association so I can't get busted for something so silly.

Happy Halloween! It's almost here!!!

No comments: