Wednesday, February 23, 2011

We Have Funski

I haven't been skiing in a looong time. I went a lot during High School, then tried snowboarding during college & after (but was never great at it) and then had kids. That pretty much squashes slope time for a while. But I digress...
We have talked about starting up with the kids but I keep dragging my feet, putting off acquiring all the gear to suit up the family. Scott's business partner invited us to join him recently at Mt. Charleston so after borrowing a few things and renting the rest, we met him on a Friday morning after dropping the kids off at school. Mt. Charleston is about 45 mins. from our house so we got in a good 4.5 hours before having to head home. Now Scott, he's been snowboarding with me, but this was his first time skiing and he did really well. He loved it, and I forgot how much I loved it. The snow was better than I expected and it was a beautiful day. I kept telling him that he was lucky- everyone would like snow sports on days like this. It's the windy, snowy, wet days that test your loyalty. :)
So now my focus is renewed. I can't wait to get all of us up here next season. If you have any old kids ski gear you want to ditch, ring me up!

No comments: