Thursday, February 17, 2011

Vogue Vent

You know what I am REALLY tired of? High fashion prices.
It is Spring. A time when wardrobe renewal receives a little TLC, a new lift. I'd like to try because mine is really overdue. But it's hard to find unique items that are designed well and not millions of beans. Is it really that hard to make a simple, flat leather sandal such as this? That is NOT around $500?! It's just leather straps; no intricate, woven, hand painted with vintage horse hair brush designs or anything. Just straps. $500. This upsets me. And you'd be surprised- you'd think you could find something like this out there, but I have been looking and you can't.
And this dress is fantastic. Way cool print, flattering and modern, {LONG ENOUGH}...Oh- what's that? $415? Faaaaantastic. I can't justify that in my lifestyle of professional domesticity.
Where are the designers making modern lines for the real peeps?

1 comment:

Jewels said...

Here, here! The shafters.