Monday, January 10, 2011

Pure and Simple

This may be a little dorky for me to post but journals are dorky sometimes...
But I wanted to post this because I don't want to forget something I absolutely love about my husband. Every time the kids are asked to give a talk in Primary, he calmly volunteers to oversee that task. Sometimes he has time to sit down with E/L/S and have a little visit reviewing the topic and helps them write a little something. But really, most times we don't have time to do that so he'll whip up something like this.
I have tried to do the 'whip up' a few times before and the paper is covered in words crossed out or erased, phrases that don't flow well and horribly executed. And then there is Scott who jots out something organized, error free, to the point and thoughtful in less than 60 seconds.
Now for the dorky part: as much as I envy his simple talent, I adore his wisdom and how our kids can have a dad like that. It inspires me to take a good look at myself and strive for similar mental clarity so I can reach the quick-awesome-talk-writer status.

3 comments:

Tayva said...

That's a beautiful talk, and a beautiful post. I wish I could have been there when Elliet gave it! XO

La La Land said...

He sounds like an amazing Dad. Such a sweet talk.

Yennigirl said...

Jon can do that too. I can not. Our lucky kids!