Friday, January 28, 2011

Booky Stuff

Reading books is a good thing. And having a good book group helps me with that because I probably wouldn't fit it in otherwise (or my recipe experimentation's).
But having a book group that goes to L.A. for the January "assignment" is the best. :)
Our little group was joking over the holidays about taking advantage of cheap San Francisco airfares and traveling for one of our meetings. Not long after this a house swap offer arose for a gorgeous home in West Hollywood via one of our members, which she offered for us to take advantage of. Should we? Of course! We are smart. We read books.
Sure- there are a lot of cool things you can do while in CA. But after the holidays, most of us moms just wanted to compare cupcake bakeries (Sprinkles is still tops, imo), shop, dine out, laugh really hard, talk late into the night about important things like gel manicures and school lunch shortcuts,.... you know, smart stuff. So we did. And it was wonderful.
My sister takes girl trips with friends a couple of times a year and now I know why. You come home so recharged and motivated. I loved getting to know these friends better. Now let's see if I can pull off wearing vintage!

3 comments:

suzy said...

Nice faces!!! :) SOOO FUN!!! Still dreaming about it!

Jewels said...

See?!?! It's the best idea ever. And I still need to hear all about this trip.

And we need to have our own girls trip.

Tayva said...

Great pics! I'll bet this group loves you as much as you love them; I mean, what's not to love?!! What a wonderful thing to do every January! XOXO