Monday, January 17, 2011

Christmas 2010

Wow! Check me out updating my blog weeks late. Here's a quick run through of our holiday break.
Christmas Crafts:
Prior to Christmas, I covered my office table with pipe cleaners, feathers and tons of colored pom poms. The kids made some fun decorations but the best was this garland from 6yr old Sadie. She had all the letters bent and ready and asked for my help in gluing them onto this tinsel ribbon & dotting the ends with tiny white pom poms. It. was. so. cute. I have been saving many pages of school homework to record their cute handwriting and this has further immortalized it. I confess I did try to sway her to give this one to me and make another for Papa & Nana (I admitted this to my Mom already) but Sadie relented and said she'd make the 2nd one for me. Which I never got.
Christmas Eve was spent with family here and always fun to enjoy each other. We had our costumed reading of the Christmas story and then came home and set out all the Santa goods. I love that my kids are young enough to not expect much and still want innocent little toys- no crazy iPad requests or mp3 players...yet. It's around the corner... I know it, so I am savoring it's lack now. Note the Wii Chores game which sleeve I created to throw Elliet off from guessing the D.Me movie inside. It worked great- she was a little bummed to see it really was a Chores Wii game, and then I tossed her the movie. After we finished our presents, we hurried over to the Leavers and joined everyone else for the day. The kids got some more fun gifts and we all relaxed together through the day. It was great being with people we love and enjoying the spirit of the season. Hope you all had a great Christmas!



No comments: