Friday, February 12, 2010

Kissy Scratchy

Ah. The Valentine. Sometimes the box sets are great, other times they are tedious. Thanks to an idea my creative friend Angie recently posted, I thought this would be perfect for the kids this year. They liked the idea and I liked the reduced effort. Love all around!
I will admit that I was a bit afraid after cutting three mustaches that I would wonder what I got myself into, but I didn't. It went really fast and we slid them right on the suckers. The kids cut a few themselves- this was great for the 'staches as some uneven botches look natural. We played with a few shapes, too- like a big downward cop one and an upward villian one, but the curly was the favorite. Then I made some tags and we taped them on the end.
Scott and I went and helped in the twins class today. I now have a headache. :) One day down, two more to go. Luckily the rest is mostly fun. Frosting cookies tomorrow, a fun evening planned and then it's heart shaped pancakes for Sunday breakfast!
(more like pink blobs. But tasty blobs.)
Time to relax, eat pizza and watch a movie with the kids. Hope you're having a fun, mushy-lovey weekend!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Seriously, my favorite idea yet!

SO.LOVE.IT!!!

Jewels said...

Ugh, I hate being related to you.

Jessica said...

I'm laughing so hard because my heart shaped pancakes looked a lot like blobs too!! I even tried to make mine pink!

I love the Valentine Staches!!