Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Feb

Valentines is pretty low key around our house. The weekend was fun and relaxing. Scott and I don't really do anything for each other (this makes it easy, see... no expectations means no let downs. :)) so I mostly celebrate for things with the kids. They made some valentines for their friends and Sunday teachers and I made my usual blobby pink wheat pancakes. Mmmm.. still tasty. I added a little blueberry face on some but I think they were more scary than cute.
The kids were out of school that following Monday and the weather has been WONDERFUL here, so we joined some friends and went on a hike up at Red Rock. I love how close we live to those mountains. The sun, the red rock against the bright blue sky... all promises of summer to come. It was a beautiful warm day and fun to do that as a family.
Other than that, I've just been busy trying to keep my laundry under control. My dryer failed to operate last week and it's supposed to be repaired on Thursday. Gonna make it... gonna make it..... it's funny how the lack of one appliance can affect my orbit of functionality. I have felt like everything is on hold until Thursday.

And finally, the last item to report. My friend recently had a birthday so one of our pals arranged a fun night out to proper tea, modest discussion and knitting.
Um, not really. We went to a pole dancing class. Yup. I almost didn't go because I was shy to hooch it up but in spite of us all feeling that way, these girls are cool and up for adventure- so off we went. It was held in a studio within the fancy spa at the Hard Rock, which we had full use of after our class. It was one of the funniest things ever and much more interesting than a typical dinner/movie bday celebration (right?!). After some relaxing there we dressed and headed across the street to a great Indian restaurant. Nothing like a little naughty to spice up the week. I mean, I live in Vegas, there are probably statistics on this sort of thing. How long until you think I'll be wearing lucite heels? :)

I am now in the thick of trying to get my RS calling and activities under some control, finish my book club reads, try to get the garden in (!) and many little creative/design deadlines.... amid stinky socks.




6 comments:

Tayva said...

I loved this post! I have no doubt that you could rock those lucite heels---XO

La La Land said...

I love that you talk about your RS calling and pole dancing in the same post!

Andrea said...

Ha! Too funny. I didn't even think about that...
Um, I mean, I intended that so I could smooth over any judgements....

Kjrsten said...

I want more details on that class, did it feel like a good workout? Was it difficult?

melissa said...

Fun!! We did the pole dancing class at Planet Hollywood for my friend's bachelorette party last year and it was a blast! Good workout too. Perhaps I'll need a pole in my house someday...you know...for a good core workout, of course!

Bryan Crew said...

Love how you went from posting about pole dancing to posting about relief society. Nice. Call me so we can talk gardens.