Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Time For Take Off




















It's September 1st today. September!! Time goes by so fast. Of course... it doesn't feel very Septemberish since we've been having super hot days lately (ugh).
The long lazy days of summer are done and we are back into routine which is good in many ways, one of which is I am showering on a regular basis again (whatever- pool water counts).
As a last hurrah the kids wanted to sleep in a fort before school started and being the bad Mom that I am, I let them do it the actual night before the first day of school. Hopefully they didn't have slurred speech while introducing themselves due to fatigue.
I pulled out some old blankets and they seemed to sleep just fine. Elliet was determined to sleep under that desk. I don't know how she did it, but she did.

The first day of school was great fun. Scott had the day off which I loved- it was cool to have him there as we sent the kids off and then hang out together all day. I took the twins to their side and He took Elliet to hers. They were all happy and off they went.
They had a great first day, a great week. They like it, their teachers, the 'cold lunches' I've been making, homework, etc. Whew.
But alas, it's week 2. Let's hope that happy song will last. Here we go!



3 comments:

Jeannine said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE Sadies hair. Her bangs are adorable, and she looks much older than her 5 years. Elliet is as ever the snappy dresser. Miss you guys!

Kjrsten said...

the girls skirts and T's are super cutsie! did you sew them? if sew, you are sew rad!

Kjrsten said...

yes, i write all my own jokes.